Sunday 15 May 2011

Exams are looming

Student studying
PRESSURE to do well in exams has started to be pushed onto Christ Church students. With exams as little as three weeks away individuals are starting to panic about how they are going to memorise a year’s worth of information in such little time.

Some go for the technique of cramming just a few days before their exam, some revise for weeks before to ensure they know everything they would possibly need to know. But which method is best?





Student Tom Smith said: “I left my coursework until the night before and I plan to do the same for the exams. I got my marks back from my work the other day and I did pretty well so I’m guessing this is the best way for me to work.”

“Stressing out about the exams will get you nowhere; in fact you’ll probably be worse off.” He explained.

Scientists say that there is no instant technique, there is no possible way that fingers can be clicked and the information will go into your head. This suggests that leaving yourself plenty of time before the exam is definitely the best way to go.

Chloe Carden a primary education student commented: “Most of my course is coursework and placement but we have one exam, I have left myself plenty of time to learn everything I need to know. If I left it to the last minute I would just completely panic myself and I know it would be a nightmare.”

It has been said that the best way to revise is to not just read a book and take notes, it is in fact to test yourself, get together with your friends and ask each other questions. A fun and interesting way to revise which is also effective is to use record cards and test yourself wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment